Key Lime Pie with Chocolate Crust Recipe
1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs, about 12 full sheets, crushed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
3. Pour crumb mixture into an 8" - 9.5" pie pan and use the back of a measuring spoon to press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
The Pie Filling
Ingredients: 3 eggs
1 - 14 ½ oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
1/3 cup Key Lime Juice Green food coloring (optional)
1. Separate the egg yolks from whites.
2. In a bowl beat yolks until thick and lemon colored.
3. Stir in condensed milk and lime peel.
4. Gradually add lime juice, beating at low speed just until combined (do not overbeat).
5. Stir in food coloring, if desired (a few drops or more until you get the desired green color that you want)
6. Spoon lime mixture into pie chocolate pie shell.
7. Bake in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
8. Cool. Cover and chill to store.
9. Decorate with desired topping.